Spelling!

This is basically a fun thread to post the words you can't spell and constantly have to google/spellcheck them.

Mine is definitely, i'm usless with it.. Gorgeous was another one for me but i'm getting better, and I know they may seem obvious but I can just never get them right.

Some of my versions include

• definatly
  • goergous

definetly is definetaly one of mine too.

believe, is one of mine

Believe was one of mine for a bit too, but i've mastered it now

i before e except after c?

Not a spelling mistake as such but I always type we're when I want were.

Really annoys me because I know I've done it!!

reminds me of

where and/or were being mixed up.

fine when said allowed, just when written

it drives me crazy when someone does your instead of you're but I must admit, I am guilty of doing it.

The one that i always have to double check is Everyone/everybody, i have a nasty habit of leaving out the second letter E

how?

embarrassed...thats always another one

Oh, embarrassed is one for me too, I always get confused by the amount of double letters..

And I'm still not completely sure if a lot is one word or not because it's such a common mistake.. But I'm pretty sure it's two, correct me if i'm wrong.

yep, double letters

dan559 wrote:

how?

Don't know really i think i just type it too quickly and miss the second e out so it ends up evry instead of every External Media

EmilyBlenkins wrote:

it drives me crazy when someone does your instead of you're but I must admit, I am guilty of doing it.

Oh yes, this is my other one. I know the difference but my fingers type fast and my brain hasn't caught up lol

I used to always want to put two n's in Spanish.. I still hesitate even now,

And yeah, I think that's my problem too DRA

Kasumi wrote:

dan559 wrote:

how?

Don't know really i think i just type it too quickly and miss the second e out so it ends up evry instead of every External Media

got fast fingers huh!

Know or now...used to get that confused when younger

Dirty Red Angel wrote:

EmilyBlenkins wrote:

Oh yes, this is my other one. I know the difference but my fingers type fast and my brain hasn't caught up lol

I do this with now/know

I always have to sound out "fav-our-ite", I also do not know how to spell suspicion...it looks wrong

Adx

I cannot spell superstition or suspicion at all - they both look wrong to me.

Im not even going to start listing the words i can not spell i would be here all day or night even! I swear i have some form of dyslexia because im just terrible at spelling and reading long articles takes all my concentration infact 9/10 times i just scan it.

Longest time spent trying to spell a word 10minutes
Solution i found for spelling that word? Ask me mate who laughed and thought i was joking
The word i failed to spell... Know, yep know i just could now get it right even though i had tried known, and now gah!

To be fair, the k is silent.

And that's what google is for

I do a lot of American Spelling, purely from living in American influenced countries...

tired and tiered... catch me out!