The Great British Sex Position Poll: The results! Plus a couple of questions

Hello follks.

Thanks to those who voted in our fave Sex Position Poll. We’ve had over 2000 votes, and here are the top three positions:

In third place, with 13% of the vote, it’s Missionary.

In second place, with 28% of the vote, it’s Cowgirl.

And with a whopping 39% of the vote, our winner is… Doggy Style! Woof!

Now, if on the above is your favourite, we’d really like to know why? Anything welcome.

And secondly - and you’ll forgive the imposition - we’d also like to know what your fave toy is to use along with your fave position. It might be a vibe, a cock ring, a positon wedge, or a full restraint set!

Thanks folks.

18 Likes

Doggy is one of our favs! for him it’s the view :wink: for her it’s the depth and feel of the position we often use a wand, pebble or clit vibrator of some sort but if the mood takes us a dildo for a bit of DP is amazing :heart_eyes: forgot to say a cock ring with beads is a great addition or even a cock and ball ring to stretch him out too :drooling_face:

1 Like

Great winning position all round! :partying_face:

I’m happy that 1 and 2 are both my 1 and 2.

I love the view on both of these. I either have my wife on top and get to see her breasts or from behind and I see her bum.
Both positions leave hands free to roam.

We use toys in both of these and our favourites are the Greedy girl ears, the Mon Ami Rose or a wand.
We have a few good cock rings for cowgirl but still looking for the Holy Grail.

Got to be cowgirl for me as I could get down as low as I could while making him go as high as he could and we got the yeeeeha’s to perfection neigh bother.

There’s just something about being in control sexually :wink: no toys needed

4 Likes

he loves doggy, he gets to control speed depth etc and watch his cock going in and out and slip to the back door with ease. meh doesn’t do much for me sensation wise.
my fave is cowgirl, that position hits my g spot and gives me the most overwhelming orgasms as well as hubby being able to play with my breasts, I always stimulate my clit with my fingers in this position too and he loves to watch that

4 Likes

Like the view, deepness of entry, holding onto hips

1 Like

Your results seem correct to us, my female partner almost only ever orgasms in either cowgirl or doggy and most of the time that’s with our Lovehoney Magic Wand :grinning:

1 Like

I think for me it depends on what we are doing. If it’s more of a kinky session we usually end up in doggie: it hits all the right spots for me, makes me feel deliciously dominated, yet empowered. Add in bondage and edging - showing off what he loves to see in a vulnerable position - hearing and feeling his approval, and he can touch all his favourite places easily - Love it.
We use the Mantric wand, WeVibe Chorus, Womaniser and a vibrating cock ring, he might sometimes wear a vibrating prostate massager if he wants to come faster. Sometimes a combination of 3 vibes between us :joy: plus bondage.

For more slower, sensual sessions missionary is our fave, because we can kiss, hold each other etc and it still hits. It’s so versatile and can be kinked up to max levels if the mood so arrives.
Usually we stick to the Mantric wand, vibrating cock ring or womaniser in missionary positions.

Thanks for a great topic!

3 Likes

I knew doggy would win! :dog:

1 Like

We voted doggy. For us it’s the view, the domme/sub vibe, being easily able to use a wand vibrator, hair pulling, choking, leashes, butt plugs, restraints… all with consent of course :blush:

I voted doggy as my partner and I use different versions of doggy all the time. It is good for both PIV and anal fun. I find it just feels better for me.

1 Like

Although we never voted for any of the top three, our favourite being lock’ n rock’ which isn’t dissimilar to the doggy position, we do frequently indulge in doggy and cowgirl and our go to toy is the liberator sex wedge which since being purchased has enhanced our sex life immensely and increased pleasure incredibly!!

With regards to Doggy, its a combination of things.
The depth of penetration.
The kind of animalistic aspect and taking control.
The great image of my wifes ass and her in a sort of wanton position with her boobs swinging about.
The satisfying sound of hips slapping against her ass.
The ease of the penetrative movement, especially when standing and she is kneeling on the bed or sofa etc.
The sensation of penis rubbing against her G spot and her response.
Watching the ripples across her hips as i slap against her.
Sorry if im sounding selfish, dont mean to.

2 Likes

I love that description @Iwill :fire:

My favourite is missionary and variations of it, I love the closeness, the skin contact, I love to watch his face especially when he gets slappy.

In this position we use a wand, nipple clamps, needles, a knife, ball gag, blindfold.

1 Like

@JoCat
Wow…thats quite an expansion on good old missionary :hot_face:

1 Like

Previously, it would’ve been doggy and I’d hope that any partners had the same view as you :wink:

Doggy hurts now when its face down, ass up. After a hysterectomy I have a slipped ovary and my partner hits against it in doggy. I have to kind of tilt down instead of up so that it doesn’t hurt. But I expect it to be sore so I can’t get into it.

I love pain but hurt and pain are different animals.

2 Likes

If i was your partner and thought i was hurting you it would make me flop.
Plenty other options

1 Like

Yeah we stay away from it, or do the corkscrew (I think) and thats a good alternative and still deep, plus its easier to be face to face. Win win!

2 Likes

@Lovehoney_Nick i haven’t participated in the poll but… my thoughts :wink:

Doggy style allows different sensations as a female… also I’m curious about slow introduction to anal… both for me and him. Introduction into butt plugs on me is a curiosity of mine for the different sensations. So far I’ve tried slim line (I’ll try and post the link) butt plug which didn’t really work for me, barely any sensation but I was solo in testing it out in order to gauge my comfort level and what would actually work on me. I was looking for the potential in my personal comfort zone

1 Like