The Lounge

@PleasureDrone Thanks alot for the advice. Im still at the this is new and scary stage. Basically been something ive been avoiding looking at for a long time (having almost no sexdrive due to meds most of my life didnt help the matter). It feels good to acknowledge it to myself, ive got comfortable with it now and like you said, denying it is tiring.

I know, i internally facepalmed when she said that :laughing:. But i havenā€™t dated alot (dating pool is more a puddle round here + no libido till about 3 yrs ago) so i get it came from a place of caringā€¦just not necessarily worded very well.
This conversation is essentially 15yrs late mostly due to my meds interference. It also came out unexpectedly due to the dratted sexuality question on the census, so i wasnt really prepared for her to ask (i think she was expecting me to tell her i was a lesbian. Bi is not the thing most peoples minds go to)

I made a personal promise a long time ago, that i would always be myself with people and If i start dating i would want to be honest with that person. Its not really something ive thought about a lot yet as right now its all pretty academic anyway due to corona and my lack of a social life. But i want to tell my friends (one of us is gay, so they will be fine anyway).

Thanks again for the advice, its really good be able to speak to someone else whose been there. :heart:

2 Likes

I canā€™t find anywhere that actually sells that door handle which, Iā€™m not going to lie, Iā€™m disappointed about howeverā€¦ you could always get a doorballs knocker?

All visitors must be willing to handle balls before entering! :rofl:

Quick shout to @Lovehoney_Brenna as I think this link is fine as not something sold by Lovehoney and the site linked only does doorballs but though Iā€™d better just check?

3 Likes

I have a horrible feeling it is a photoshop special, and isnā€™t real.

You might be right :frowning_face: Reverse image search was no good :sob:

2 Likes

Even my googlefu wont spit it out, ot might just be a one off custom job. Ironically though, penis door handles (door pulls) seem really common. If i ever get bored or need a bachelorette present now know where to get them xD

1 Like

Frankly, having read your post and got better acquainted with your backstory on this (I donā€™t even know what age you are!), I think I had it easier than you. I knew I was bi as soon as puberty hit (even before that, to be honest, but weā€™re not allowed to talk about anything pre-18 here so I canā€™t explain) whereas youā€™re having to do the whole self-discovery thing comparatively late in life, so props to you! :+1:

Mind you, if your mum was expecting you to tick ā€œLesbianā€ on the census, I think your work on the ā€œcoming out to mumā€ front might have overshot the end of the runway a tad. :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes, sorry, 34 :laughing:. To be honest my meds have screwed up a lot for a really long time. so having something more like what should have been baseline norm libido wise for the first time has shoved a lot of things into the light of day.

I remember very vividly having a moment when i was young where it came up in conversation with friends and i got very uncomfortable in that particular way when you avoid inconvenient truths about yourself because you dont want to look at them too closely. I think thats when i knew, i just wasnt ready to accept it. So yup, seriously overdue conversation

Yeah, i hesitated when the ā€œdo we need to fill the sexuality bit outā€ came up. Classic mistake :laughing: but id been trying to get the nerve up to do it anyway, so it worked out reasonably well

2 Likes

Yes, having second shot 3 weeks tomorrow.

3 Likes

Iā€™m a yes and a probably, though waiting for confirmation from my GP, a no so canā€™t really vote. I had my first (Pfizer) jab at the end of February (as Iā€™m a type 1 diabetic) but unfortunately had a very, very bad reaction to it. An exceedingly unusual reaction and only because my immune system is a bit screwy; hence attacking my insulin producing cells when I was 15 and giving me type 1 diabetes after I caught a minor virus and now attacking my spinal cord and optical nerve because of something it didnā€™t like in the Pfizer jab - bit of a bugger but thatā€™s life. The hospital advised me against having the 2nd jab because I am otherwise extremely healthy and low risk of hospitslisation from Covid symptoms but that ultimately it was down to me and my GP. I was invited for my 2nd jab last week and am waiting to hear back from my GP for his thoughts but expect he will go with the hospital.

Having just said all that I know you donā€™t want a debate started but I am hugely in favour of the jab and support all my friends and family to have it because it is the way we are going to be able to open up the country safely again. My parents have had both of their jabs with no side effects and I am hugely grateful for that as they are elderly and probably wouldnā€™t otherwise survive Covid if they caught it. A lot of friends have had theirā€™s, some with feverishness for a day or so but nothing major and a lot milder than what they, or more vulnerable people they come into contact with, could suffer if they caught Covid.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve had both of mine now, Iā€™m a carer for my daughter. I got my first one in February and Friday just gone for my second

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had both of mine. Am an unpaid carer for my mum and live at home so itā€™s peace of mind for her protection and other vulnerable people I might encounter.

Some of the people my dad work with also arenā€™t particularly bothered about following guidance and rules so we want to be as protected as we can.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear you had such an awful reaction @Peitho. My immune system did the same thing after a virus too, thankfully I was OK with the vaccine but sorry to hear the effect itā€™s had on your health - thatā€™s really tough. I hope things improve for you x

3 Likes

Yes I have had both, its sometimes an advantage being old and disabled!!

5 Likes

@WillC :+1:6 weeks today for me mar mate :muscle:

5 Likes

@steve19 top man :muscle::+1::ok_hand:sound of mind I hope mate

1 Like

Thank you. Things already vastly improved, back at work now, at least light duties, so all good. I am very unusual. Last neuro outpatient check up I had 5 doctors in the room and another 2 on video links. Iā€™m ā€œspecialā€ :rofl:

8 Likes

Nice one! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@Peitho nowt wrong with being special hun I went to a special school lol rubbers on both ends of the pencils :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Pfft. We didnā€™t need 7 doctors to tell us that. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

@Ian_Chimp - Yet another example where I need a :rofl: instead of a :heart:!

6 Likes