Too many toys - Storage Issue

99 Probelms and Toy Storage is one!

So I currently have two bags of toys and bag of cleaning products :woman_shrugging:t2:

The boxes I seem to see are pretty small. I haven’t got underbed storage and our bedside drawers are floating ones so not size appropriate. Our room wouldnt suit a hamper/trunk and my wardrobe/drawer space is in a seperate room.

So… I’m looking for a tool case style (different levels) or long box that doesn’t have so many slots for screws… not pun intended :joy: It can be stored in my partners built in wardrobe but he will moan if it takes too much room as I opted for the dressing room over the tiny space in the wall :joy:

So any recommendations and pics of your storage ideas pretty please!! Doesn’t have to be lockable! :heart:

7 Likes

If it doesn’t need to be lockable would a door storage for shoes work?

Length of the door with clear spaces for shoes, I slot most the toys in these. Only the wand doesn’t fit.

4 Likes

Hi @mojo7

We have a zipped IKEA material box if that makes sense that sits in my fitted wardrobe bottom. Works a treat

1 Like

Haha yes I know your woes too well as I’ve got major storage issues too and have resulted to using a sports bag to hide half of my toys in!

1 Like

Not sure if we can name other companies. We have purchased the black wham boxes (google it) they are perfect size and completely opaque and clip lock I think there 31 litres each we have 2 at the moment

If your not too worried about privacy just buy really useful boxes. I also purchased cotton bags each toy in an individual cotton bag, unless they come in a nice box.

3 Likes

I found the perfect case by a company called Vaultz. It has a combination lock for both latches and came with a little cable that you can use to attach the case to a bed or whatever. It also has a soft interior lining, a little netting pouch on the lid (great for bottles of lube, condoms, etc.), and carrying handles on the side.

If you search for “locking storage/dorm chest” then you should have some luck. The model we have is White- VZ00177.

4 Likes

Could you use a tool bag rather than box. They tend to have storage pockets rather than hard plastic screw pots?

2 Likes

I have a makeup caboodle which opens up with multiple tiers and a main section. It is also lockable with a small key that I keep in my bedside table for added security. I would deffo recommend one of those.

5 Likes

My current storage is 2 pretty heavy duty duffle bags so I may be following this as well :joy:

3 Likes

We’ve just had the same issue and purchased a couple of lockable (kids are getting older and nosy these days) tool cases from a well know diy chain. Brand of the boxes begins with an M so search for those. Hope this helps and I’ve not broken any rules mentioning these items.

3 Likes

OK so I stumbled across a set of lockable mini trunks at a budget brand supermarket as a special buy this week in Grey or Cream…very nice! I also found that a single one clearance at a well known UK catalogue shop but it galvanised silver, maybe a little too industrial looking?

2 Likes

@mojo7 Could always go over it with a good primer and black paint, maybe?

+1 for the over the door shoe storage option…

That’s what we have and it takes up little to no space and everything is easy to see and access.

We also have a small tub with dividers in my bedside bottom drawer that we sit things in before and after, so we don’t have to get out of bed to grab anything when in the moment. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Place them tastefully around the house as ornaments

Update: or to accessorise light electrical items

13 Likes

Bought a tin trunk to go under the bed. Very decorative, lockable. Perfect hidey hole for me

7 Likes

If you’d prefer bags to box styled storage Google ‘studio lighting bags’ for photographers. Not only are they generally compartmentalised but also lockable and easy to move/carry. They’ll also fit pretty much anything in including spreader bars and wide items. If you prefer box styled storage and your toys aren’t too large go for a beauticians storage box.

7 Likes

Once I bought a few larger items, I switched everything to this oversized duffle bag (made by B.U.M.). Has 5 different compartments so I can have everything sorted. I live alone so it’s not a big deal. I plan on moving end if the year across the country. Once I buy a house there I’d love to start a room devoted to everything.

1 Like

Ah, those are genius. Great suggestion

I actually bought a specific bedside cabinet with three draws to keep all of our stuff in. We filled it and still have stuff under the bed :joy:

4 Likes

Thankyou Rob36, I agree with @Green_Eyed_Girl. Genius !