TV Series Ruins Lives.

Hellooo ^_^

Have any of you discovered a TV series that has literally taken over your life? My friend introduced me to Suits and now I've resorted to take the day off uni to get through the first 3 seasons so I can watch season 4 with them! There's been other series before that I've been obsessed with, have any of you been like this? What is it about the series that has you hooked, who's your favourite character and is there anything you'd change about the series? Xx

I got in to Game of Thrones when series 3 was airing and did some pretty serious binge-watching to catch up!

I find it happens a lot! My problem is that i often get into shows late so they are already out on dvd and i end up binge watching! Breaking bad is a prime example. I wasnt really interested in it but had heard so many people raving about it. By the time we watched episode one, the show had finished so we eneded up getting the whole lot and watching them almost every day!

JM88 wrote:

I find it happens a lot! My problem is that i often get into shows late so they are already out on dvd and i end up binge watching! Breaking bad is a prime example. I wasnt really interested in it but had heard so many people raving about it. By the time we watched episode one, the show had finished so we eneded up getting the whole lot and watching them almost every day!

We're currently on episode 4 of Breaking Bad and I can see the same happening!

This has happend to us A LOT - lol. Have been totally obsessed with Suits, White Collar, Pretty Little Liars, Charmed and The Originals to name but a few. They are all just so addictive, probably due to great story lines and excellent characters. Of course Matt Bomer and Daniel Gillies are very easy on the eyes too - haha xx

This happens to is all the time. We easily become obsessed. Have seen all of the x-files, Lost, Fringe, breaking bad, dexter, a town called eureka, community. Currently working through Grimm together, and on my own I am currently up to date with pretty little liars and revenge, better call saul and oragne is the bee black. These I have to watch alone as OH isn't interested in them . I clearly watch too much tv!

Lost really got to me! I was obsessed then sorely disappointed with the final two episodes. Felt like I had wasted 6 years of my life! Lol.

Same with dexter to be honest, they didn't end it with enough closure!

Fringe and breaking bad are probably the two programs I would say left a huge hole in my life!! Just felt really lost without them for a long time after they ended. At least better call saul is giving us a glimpse of breaking bad characters to fill the void. However long that will last. Mike from breaking bad has been in season 5 of community :) this has made me happy! Hopefully they push this whole '6 seasons and a movie' malarky!!

Let's not gorget jericho and the walking dead ;)

Going to give the strain a shot too. And hannibal x

We've just finished watching all 5 series of breaking bad. Fantastic film but it did consume every minute! Game of thrones season 4 next then perhaps better call soul! X

dexter got me like this lol

Arrow, The Flash, Constantine and Gotham. Huge DC comics fan.

Supernatral my partner introduced me too it.

We also like The Walking Dead, Agents Of Shield, The Flash, Gotham.

I'm also a huge vikkings fan, seriously if you haven't watched it check it out! It's amazing.

Vikings series one and two, Broadchurch, I'm obsessed with my History dramas Dr who.

Vikings* not vikkings bloody phone! Lol

I love suits! ive been watching it form the begining.

I am usually easily hooked up on a lot of shows. Now I am watching Once Upon A Time, The 100, Sleepy Hollow, Forever, Pretty Little Liars, Helix, Fortitude, Grimm... I was hooked also on Lost Girl, Revenge, Resurrection, Supernatural, Lost, The Lying Games, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Heroes, The 4400, Eureka, Persons Unknown, Under the Dome and so many others I would forget to mention half of them probably.

I've just finished Season 1 of Suits, starting on 2 and have 3&4 ready and waiting. I bought a blouse that looked similar to one a character wore too, I'm so obsessed!!

Me and my partner are totally like this. We can't just watch one episode of something. If the whole series it out and we like it, it gets watched in a day.

The latest one that was like this for us was Portlandia, which was on pretty much non-stop until we'd binge-watched all 5 available series..es.... :P

Before that, it was American Horror Story, Arrested Development, Game of Thrones.... when a series is just being released we try to save up the episodes because they feel so disappointing just watching one at a time, but we always fail.

I like movies and I like some TV series but I honestly don't think any of these has taken over my life. I may watch something when I excercise or when I have nothing too interesting to do in my free time but I would not call it an obsession.

slinkykinky wrote:

I got in to Game of Thrones when series 3 was airing and did some pretty serious binge-watching to catch up!

Tell me about it! Still in love with that show. Can't wait for the 5th season! :D

Breaking bad, Dexter, GoT... Also LOVE OITNB too... Can't wait for it to come bk on x