Vasectomy - how long after?

So the procedure didn’t work ? Oh no :frowning:

1 Like

I’ve read that a guy needs to ejaculate around 20 times after the procedure?
It’s also common for a test to be still positive- obviously persistent little sperm!
He’s due to do another test next week :crossed_fingers:
It’s been a very frustrating time :disappointed:

1 Like

I bet it has - so hope it’s negative next week for you both.

2 Likes

I think BishBosh is correct, please keep talking. Plus, you DO matter!!.

2 Likes

@FortySomethingWife - Sterilisation is one of those things you have to do for yourself and can’t really get your spouse to do it for you. I wouldn’t take it personal or think he doesn’t care. While it would have been easier for my partner to get it done, he did not feel comfortable with it. His reason being that he didn’t want anything sharp near his balls, haha. Fair enough. Besides, I’ve always wanted to be sterilised so it was a personal thing for me. Wanting my body to reflect my mind. Even if someone’s reasons are questionable, they still have the bodily autonomy to say no. Although, I must admit, the 40 thing is new to me :sweat_smile:

I can totally understand how frustrating it is to be told to just “wait it out”. With all the faff and pain that comes from contraceptives (especially hormonal ones), it’s like being told “Well, you’ve had that woodpecker banging on your head for X years so why not just deal with it for longer?” The implant took away so much of our/my sex life which we realised as soon as it got removed. It annoys us what we missed out on for 13 years, but at least I’m making up for it now.

I got my tubes tied at 29 with no kids and the doctor made a big deal of me not being 30. I was only 7 months off so what unworldly wisdom would I gain at 30? :triumph: Not to mention, did he think I was naive enough to believe I could waltz in on my 30th birthday and order a tubal ligation like a Happy Meal? No way. I know women in their 40s who still can’t get approved.

Good luck with whatever path you take :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

Hubby has just been told there is an 18 month wait for a vasectomy :woman_facepalming: and the only private places local to us want £1500!

@WelshDragonette - £1500 is crazy money for a vasectomy! They’re usually about £500.

I know! Still cheaper than another kid I suppose! Hubby is speaking to his Dr this morning to see if they can refer elsewhere, but otherwise looks like a trip to England for cheaper places!

1 Like

@WelshDragonette Google “Nuffield Cardiff/ Vale - guide price vasectomy”

@Mrs.John that one is still showing almost £1200 :pensive:

2 Likes

@WelshDragonette I know. The £1500 is the hospital I use. Thank god for private insurance.
Mr John had his NHS Jan 2020.

1 Like

Mine was £99 in 1983 great value

3 Likes

Can’t recommend it enough, speak to the GP for referral. Had to do that myself after OH and me bad luck conceiving wee ones etc, have two now and decided not to try any more.
Had to wait a year, but time flies by.
Big day came and after 40 fun times, sample came back negative.

Hubby had the snip today!! He’s currently walking like John Wayne, but looking forward to some non rubbery fun in the near future! :grinning:

3 Likes

@WelshDragonette yay. So pleased for you both. Tight pants and painkiller and he will be fine in a few days.

1 Like

This is all good to know, im looking at getting mine done this year

It is the best thing I ever did no worry fun now

2 Likes

Those who had a non scalpel vasectomy- how long did it take for the bruises to go?

Its been 6 days and hubby is worried they arent going, they are all over the sides of his penis and balls. To me, they do look like they are changing colour and getting better, but how long did it take for others to fade?

I had mine done 15 years ago and im sure the bruising was still there for about 10 days, it was definitely gone after 14 days.

2 Likes

@WelshDragonette i don’t remember any bruising on Mr John. He is dark skinned so that may have been a factor i suppose.

If he is concerned give the GPs a call.

1 Like