What are you currently doing?

I’ll try @KentCouple1990.

Thanks @JoCat.

1 Like

Finished work now for 5 days, it’s been a long week, bet I wake up early tomorrow though​:rofl:

3 Likes

Awesome stuff! A great step well done, I hope it goes well x

Hi @Knight1119, I hope you get your appointment sorted out. I have had counselling for two different issues and it really helped me understand what was going on. Good luck!

Wedding Anniversary today 54 years! Lunch out and something more intimate later if bodies permit.

7 Likes

Congratulations! :slightly_smiling_face:

@Bigiain gotta love the doms,hope it’s not to bad today but at least youm doing something,i really need to get my fat arse into gear and get back into training mode again!!!
@Knight1119 as @KentCouple1990 and @WillC said,do it,mine helped me so much​:+1:
Congratulations @oldun that’s fantastic

1 Like

Thanks @steviefun, not sure what to expect x

Thanks @pootle, hoping it’s worthwhile mate :crossed_fingers:

Thanks @davey, I’m just hoping it helps. Growing up it was always a sign of weakness talking about things.

And that is a big problem and totally untrue. Bloody toxic masculinity.

Go in with an open mind and be honest. If you do otherwise, you might as well not bother. xx

3 Likes

Go for it @Knight1119. Go with an open mind but if you don’t feel like you get on with the counsellor, don’t feel bad about finding a different one, counsellors will be very aware of the fact that some people work well together and others don’t. As for what to expect from your first appointment it can vary quite a bit but, unless you’ve already had a short conversation with them, they will probably start by talking to you about confidentiality, how counselling sessions are structured, how they work (different counsellors use different methods eg person centred, CBT etc). They will likely start a short assessment process where they try to find out about you - basic info like: are you living with a partner, have any family, friends etc, what do you enjoy doing, what work do you do. Then they will probably ask about how you are feeling and get an idea of what they can help you with. The first appointment is generally not very focused and shouldn’t be too intense because the counsellor needs to get to know you first and you need to build up a sense of trust. I hope that helps a little. I hope counselling is helpful for you x

3 Likes

Thanks @KinkyMira, it’s a hard mindset to get away from, several years ago a previous boss asked me if I was ok, I started to talk a little about how I was feeling, he just said man up xx

Thanks @Kitty-Cat01 x

1 Like

Happy Anniversary @oldun :slightly_smiling_face:

Too many arseholes like that around. A counsellor is different. It is what they do, and yes if you don’t click with that one, try another. When you do click, it can be really helpful.

2 Likes

On my way to London for late Xmas drink with work. Any excuse.:rofl:

3 Likes

Have a nice evening @Loopylane :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks @KinkyMira :+1: