Funniest/best/worst thing you’ve done in a job

Some of the comments in the What grinds your gears? topic reminded me of an incident that happened when I was managing the health and beauty shop.

A mixed group of 4 teenagers about 14/15 came in and were hanging around the makeup stands after school one day (I recall it being a Friday). We used to have testers for people to be able to try.

This group were just loitering and not looking to buy anything, just messing around. I then noticed one of the boys drawing on the makeup stands with eyeliner and lipstick.

Cue me wandering over and asking him politely to clean it off, got a mouthful of sass back, so he got told to clean it off in a more firm and authoritative manner. Some grumbling and bitching followed, along with “well give me cleaning stuff then”.

By this point, I’m pissed off with them so he gets told no, he made the mess, he figures out how to clean it up, use his school shirt sleeve if necessary. He did, saying that his mum would come in and have a go at me blah blah blah. I replied with thats fine, if she comes in and wants to know why her son has makeup on his sleeve I’ll tell her why.

Funnily enough, no parent ever came in.

It’s probably a good job I don’t work in retail anymore :joy:

3 Likes