Eunuch what people think about it?

I may be starting to do too much as I am getting sore tried to sort my stuff in the van today and walk to the chemist to get Savlon. I think it was a bad idea :-1:.

2 Likes

I remember after my hysterectomy, brushing the floor wiped me out, and I had to go have a nap.
You’re going to need to take it a bit easier, its not forever, just until you’re healed but don’t forget that you’re not sleeping well either and that does really affect you mentally and physically.

Don’t make me tell you off! Because I will! :rofl:

1 Like

Yes staples out tomorrow I hope if healed enough and I haven’t undone anything today I am feelings a little down today it is probably lack of sleep that is why I was trying to keep myself busy. I know I have done too much but feel tired now am on the couch and need to get up and get to bed but I am comfortable in this position lol!! Taken my pain meds so I am being good now honestly don’t need to tell me off now lol!!

2 Likes

It’s hard to feel motivated to get up when you’re comfy, just go to bed when you need a wee :wink:

In bed now and comfortable hopefully you sleep well tonight speak tomorrow

2 Likes

Got a better nights sleep last night took painkillers twice and that was the only times I woke up and I fell back to sleep fairly quickly. Still feel really tired this am. Going to take it easy until the nurses appointment at 2.15

4 Likes

So glad you are going well @lumberjack. Really brought a smile to my face, remembering how far you have come. xx

1 Like

Thank you I am pleased it is sorting out as well. it has been a long journey but it is worth it even though it has caused me more discomfort in the short term it has a long term benefit. Just in the surgery now waiting

1 Like

Just had the staples/clips out all looks ok just still very bruised but they are beginning to fade now so it is going a weird yellow colour. Nurse thinks it is healing really well and I have nothing to worry about.

5 Likes

Glad it went well @lumberjack. Have you asked the nurse about the itching or has it subsided? They might be able to prescribe a numbing cream but I don’t know which ones can be used on broken skin. Something like lidocaine would numb the area but might not be good for a healing wound. Whatever you try, I’d check with a doctor, nurse or pharmacist first.

1 Like

Yes but they just said it is one of those things and it will get better on its own and to leave it. They said like I thought was the itching on the wound was the healing process and just to leave it alone and just put a light dressing on it now as it is not open anymore. I obviously heal really quickly as she was very surprised at how far and fast it had healed.

4 Likes

Great, just lay off the gymnastics a while longer. :person_cartwheeling:

It feels so weird not having balls or a scrotum I felt down to where they used to be in disbelief.

Are you feeling ok about it? Hopefully all the pain you were having went with them.

1 Like

It feels amazing the testicular pain has completely gone just got the soreness of the surgery a bit. Took the dressing off earlier and looked at it in the mirror and the surgeon has done an amazing job to get the scar so straight and equal. It is still swollen but is allot less swollen than it was I can start to see what the final result will be and I love it.

3 Likes

Yay! :heart_eyes:

And… Yay! :heart_eyes:

I’m so pleased for you @lumberjack. You’ve had a very tough journey to get here but you didn’t give up and now you’ll soon be pain free and can start to move forward with the rest of your life.

3 Likes

Yes I am looking forward to not having any discomfort. the soreness is allot better than it was after the operation and the itching is getting better today I think but will see tonight it seems to get worse at night for some reason

2 Likes

Maybe if you shower in the morning, you’re a bit sweaty from the day. The crotch is quite a warm area and heat makes things itchier.

Very true I do have a shower usually in the morning and in the evening but haven’t been showering twice as I haven’t been doing anything to get dirty in the evening will try having a shower tonight as well. I am able to shower as normal now and just have a light non adhering dressing on under my compression pants. Really healing well with nothing on dressing anymore except a bit from the staples wounds.

2 Likes

I am feeling much better thanks for the shower suggestion x