Lovehoney Loyalty: Something new is coming…

It’s is hard when you think that and then end up paying before reviewing. Yes it was around that much. Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Also for anyone wondering, i just got the email about the changes and it looks like free delivery over £40 will still be a thing

1 Like

Yes, I think it was already mentioned about postage over £40, but it was free postage on any order that will be missed.
Sometimes I would buy the toy cleaner or deal of the day, and the free postage helped keep costs down and I didn’t waste time trying to find things to add to basket for the price.

3 Likes

Hopefully this time it’s actually an improvement - last time I remember loyalty schemes changing, it was so bad I pretty much stopped ordering… (50% off every order was great)

1 Like

That was before my time, but I remember getting a special 50% off anything email offer one Black Friday, and a little bit of wee escaped. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Yeah it was quite a while ago they changed it - me and my wife went from spending about £40 a month to maybe £50 a year maximum when they changed

I find other websites so much cheaper nowadays

Will have to price it up again after this latest change and see if it’s worth returning or not

1 Like

I just thought I should say this at the start of this comment
This is going to sound very ranty
Sort of because it is but not in a harsh way I love Lovehoney and spend a LOT of money here every year whether on myself or my better half I don’t know of a sex toy company like them
The customer service can be a bit spotty at times admittedly but they are always helpful and I almost always get stuff sorted first time
End of explanation

I hope that the Anniversary and birthday discounts stay the same (40%) if they are taking away the 25% off £40
The bitrhday/anniversary discount or the 25% off is literally the only reason I buy stuff. Last year I must have bought 7 or 8 things that were over £100 on their own and the only reason I spent the money was the discount.

I can see what people are saying about the postage and it would be nice if there was an option for it to be free on certain small orders like lube as well but it is still free over £40 and it would be much nicer if the 25% off discount were to be the same

Also if these vip rewards are anything like the points that you can only take off like £4 from your order I think we are going backwards here

If Lovehoney have been offering discounts of 25% to their unlimited customers for years now then surely they don’t care about that percentage of the price when people like me are filling their basket up and spending £120+ every time. If this voucher system is going to be an after the fact thing like the points that you are limited on and have to use them on your next order then people won’t spend like this anymore
And I definitely won’t. I couldn’t afford it

The discount from say £120 to £90 makes a big difference for me, even just spending £40 and getting a tenner off is still a decent thing especially when you don’t have a lot to spend

And also to be honest I don’t see any benefits to us getting to see products early

From looking at the email “as well as earning rewards up to 25% back on what you spend” it looks like my worry is already answered and we will be getting a hearty downgrade in the benifit from the old unlimited programme

I understand that we are getting a good deal right now but I feel like it is just a bit unfair to be like nah that 25/40% off code you get because you spend with us every year you don’t get that anymore but eh you can get UP TO 25% off if you spend a certain amount on a bunch of orders, oh but that’s if you don’t use your 10% discount that you have been earning on that because then your discount resets

Again this sounds kinda snarky and I guess it is a bit but I spent almost an hour changing it around and I’m not changing it again, it just keeps sounding worse, my main point was “Don’t fix what ISN’T broken”

Have a nice day and take care out there if anyone read through this bad day rant

5 Likes

@ManyWords99 I feel you!

It is a bit ranty but you know what, if you’ve got something on your chest then it’s best to speak up - hopefully you feel better now.
Plus that’s what we’re here for - to discuss and share our thoughts, opinions and knowledge.

Anyway - I agree with you.
The VIP rewards for unlimited customers - especially the 25%off40 is an AMAZING way of rewarding and showing appreciation to the most loyal and regular customers - it keeps them happy, makes them feel special and gets them coming back for more over and over and over again!

I’m always on the lookout for a bargain - who isn’t?
When I instantly know that I will get 25% off my purchases on all lingerie, sexy outfits, sex toys and equipment … I have no reason to even look elsewhere. So I don’t.

However, if next time I go to place a large order - and there’s no longer 25% off my basket. It is highly likely that I’ll go have a scout around first to see if I can get the items cheaper elsewhere. Because sadly, I don’t get a lot of leftover money each month to treat myself to the things that I want but don’t need :sweat_smile:

Therefore, I do feel a little like the excitement of shopping at lovehoney may be taken away because often I’ll want to place a cheeky wee order when I can’t really afford to - those great discounts and the free postage drive me to doing it anyway :grimacing:

5 Likes

Is the free postage over a set purchase amount ending? I hope not. I always spend extra to qualify for it, and if it is removed, my purchases will be for a lower quantity and amount. I am in Canada.

I’ve emailed customer support several times as I’m part of the trial and they still haven’t gotten back to me with the (many) codes I should have received :sweat_smile: Hope they get back to me soon :crossed_fingers:

I also echo what others here have said, I’m more likely to use a %off than a voucher, especially on larger purchases :sweat_smile: I’m currently a student so get 20% off irregardless (not an unlimited member as joined too late) so I won’t be affected until I graduate, but if they do keep the voucher and not %off then I’ll be more inclined to shop around for a good deal instead of just going with lovehoney 100% of the time, and overall will probably buy less and spend less on the site overall :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I must admit the free postage is the perk I enjoy the most. I’m definitely going to miss that if it goes :confused:

4 Likes

The free postage is a big plus point for me but the %off voucher codes are what makes me buy more. I’m far more inclined to buy higher end products and spend more if I’ve got a % off because you save so much more. If it is just going to be a voucher with a monetary value then I’m likely to shop around for the best deal or buy a cheaper/more value range item. The 40% off for my birthday and being able to save up all my points is probably the thing that has kept me coming back to lovehoney as it has meant that I could afford to buy something extravagant or high end that I normally wouldn’t have purchased without the discounts. Last year I used my discount and points for the advent calendar as I couldn’t have afforded it otherwise and also bought a few other things that I wanted but didn’t need lol. Hopefully the new loyalty scheme will be as rewarding because I dont want to have to shop anywhere else. I actually really like everything about lovehoney, I have trust and confidence in the brand and the name and have been a customer for many years. I would hate for anything to change that.

3 Likes

Definitely going to miss some of the old perks that Lovehoney have offered but at the fear of being ambushed by all the angry forum members in here it’s important to remember that Lovehoney are a business and personally I think they do a great job at looking after their customers.

Maybe the new reward system isn’t as ‘rewarding’ for long serving customers, maybe it is, but if it makes more sense for Lovehoney as a business then that is the best decision. It’s certainly better than no reward system all together!

1 Like

Still no response from customer care :cry: It’s been almost a month since I first contacted them about it and have sent several follow-up emails :sob: Should I message Brenna? (if so what is her email, I’ve forgotten it :sweat_smile:)

If you tag her on here, she is usually very good at replying xx

She is @Lovehoney_Brenna I think you are in the US ,not sure if there is someone over there doing the same job?

Totally agree with you :+1:

This may have already been asked/clarified but wanted to check: are birthday discounts still going to be a thing? Or will they be going or already gone?

(For context, my birthday is right before the points expire so I’m wanting to know if i should save my last set of points for a big birthday order or if i might as well look now)

@Ace12345 they have said a birthday reward will still aplly but will be different. I don’t know if there are anynore details.

1 Like

I miss the old rewards system, I used to buy so so much when I had a regular discount. Soon as that stopped I couldn’t justify that level of spends anymore. I see you all talking about your current perks and I am sad I’ve never had them but interested to see what comes next for everyone :eyes:

1 Like