I shall giveth thee a clue....

I am a "Southern Fairy"

Seduced wrote:

My dear Wanda.....

Tut tut tut, You have not seen "What I did there"

I shall giveth thee a clue....

I am a "Southern Fairy"

Very honest of you to admit it Sed!

I know. It was a deflection to avoid upsetting our wonderful relationship.External MediaExternal Media

I can be too subtle at times!

tronic wrote:

BashfulBabe wrote:

Some people really do have nothing better to do than try to find issues with anything anyone says or does, do they. If someone was horribly offended at being called "girly", and told you that, and you kept doing it anyway, then fair enough, but just calling people little cutesy names shouldn't diminish their validity as a human being and equal (unless their self esteem is so tied to their name that being called anything but their full title will suddenly make them lose the right to vote and don a horrible 50s hairdtyle and pinny).

Pff, over-sensitive hyper-PC-ness does my head in.

hear hear. Recently the term 'brainstorm' was banned in a certain ubiquitous public institution because it might be offensive to anyone who suffers from epilepsy or any other brain disorder of that kind.

No doubt seizures are probably horrid and my heart goes out to anyone afflicted so, but really? Banning that word? Hmm..

As one of the many people with epilepsy may I just apologise on behalf of the senseless abolition of the common term 'brainstorm', it really ought not to be represented in such a negative light, not least because I've never heard anyone refer to seizures or the like as a brainstorm. Damned beaurocrats!

On a lighter note I've fallen back into the habit of calling small children/ slash next sister 'Squishy'- unrelated to physical build. In jest have been referring in the early morning to aforementioned sibling as 'O Squinty one' (almost blind without the glasses/ lenses) however the most common term used by her boyfriend is 'Sausage'. I think abbreviated form of 'Silly little sausage'.

Oh, and I am refusing to answer to a friend's 'Chuck'- an amalgamation of Chicken and Duck. Either of those are bearable but let's leave it there?

Hehe... Rowan sounds like she lives in children's telly!

In this part of the world people tend to call eachother "me duck" - whether you're male, female, young or old. The council tried to ban employees from using it as they said it was patronising, and withdrew the rule after hundreds objections. In the North-East, it's common to call females "pet" in the same way. They're all local expressions of friendliness, and the PC brigade who want them banned should find something better to do!

As for names used in bed, it's surprising what we've both been called by lovers over the years, and have called them. We have our own sex names for eachother which we're not revealing.

swingcouple wrote:

In this part of the world people tend to call eachother "me duck" - whether you're male, female, young or old. The council tried to ban employees from using it as they said it was patronising, and withdrew the rule after hundreds objections. In the North-East, it's common to call females "pet" in the same way. They're all local expressions of friendliness, and the PC brigade who want them banned should find something better to do!

As for names used in bed, it's surprising what we've both been called by lovers over the years, and have called them. We have our own sex names for eachother which we're not revealing.

Which confuses the hell out of outsiders!

"Here's you change me duck." "Errrr... Ok".

I used to work in a ladies health spa and one of the beauty therapists always called everyone by pet names. I always thought it was nice.

One old lady complained and my friend was asked not to do it anymore. She was really upset that it had been taken offensively.

I call different people different things. My OH is 'lover', my Son is 'Monkey' or just 'Monk', my daugher is 'Chick-a-bee', 'Chick-a-boo' or just 'chick'!

I reserve baby, my sweetheart/love and lover only for WandA but I'll call people sweetheart, sweetie, sweetness, sweet, lovely, love, lady and duck (I'm Derbyshirean). All the pet names I use are affectionate and intended in a nice way and very often only if that person is what the pet name suggests - sweet, lovely or a duck ( - guess it falls down on that name!)

I love the pet name "pet" but I don't have the accent to pull it off :P

WandA calls me lots of things including sweet cheeks, sweetie, baby and lovely but he doesn't really use pet names for anyone else....apart from mock insults.

Adx

i have this terrible habit of calling everyone darling...my 4 yr old calls all her toys darling so I really must stop lol

I work across 3 schools and everyone there is mum or dad , miss or sir as I am terrible with names...

Hun and love are my two regulars, and alright dear if the OH is turning into granddad!

x

I call girls younger than me Chick or Chicken, or lovely, i tend to reserve the pet names for the little ones i work with because it is nice for them to hear a term of endearment!

i don't give anyone else pet names if they are older than me, i just use their name,

i call my boyfriend, babe, baby, love, mate (that one is to annoy him) all sorts really!

VW x

P calls me babes or Suze and I cannot remember the last time he called me Susan. I almost forget what my name is at times as I hear mum so often arghhh!!!

The kids normally only get their full name if they are being monsters so its a shortened version or their nicknames, we have Spud, Fluff and Pie.

I keep pet names in our family and wouldnt dream of calling someone else or their kids by another name but at the same time would not be annoyed if someone used one of their nicknames or called me Suze. I do draw the line at being called Suzy for some reason but am not too sure why.

suze9 wrote:

P calls me babes or Suze and I cannot remember the last time he called me Susan. I almost forget what my name is at times as I hear mum so often arghhh!!!

The kids normally only get their full name if they are being monsters so its a shortened version or their nicknames, we have Spud, Fluff and Pie.

I keep pet names in our family and wouldnt dream of calling someone else or their kids by another name but at the same time would not be annoyed if someone used one of their nicknames or called me Suze. I do draw the line at being called Suzy for some reason but am not too sure why.

Even worse when you very often almost call your OH by her name of the forum to people...

WandA wrote:

Even worse when you very often almost call your OH by her name of the forum to people...

It's ok with Ad! WandA is a different matter! I always want to call you WandA IRL!

Adx

We have pet names for each other but I don't think other people would find them that lovely/sweet/affectionate but they are to us... Lol

It's really hard not to say these names when around other people as well as we always call each other them :-/

My OH calls me sleepy, bisexual [real name]. I keep telling him I'm only bicurious, but he doesn't care lol.

I'm afraid I'm another of the call everyone darling or hun brigade!

My OH and I have competitions to see who can invent the most nauseating terms of endearment! So I wont share those!

xx

PJ (aka muffmuncher)

Ours are pretty boring really!! Babe and baby... with the odd loser and idiot thrown in xx

Aww I love pet names.. altho there seems to be an animal theme around me... my m8 is Rabbit, my Bf Tiger and the list continues..

My real name is shortened by my OH and I do the same with him. In fact he asks me whats wrong if I happen to call him by his unshortened name..... not that theres alot of diff as u just take off one letter lol.

I agree with you suze when u say u almost forget your name though since moving to the valley, my name is now "mam" rather than mum, not that I mind I guess especially as it pee's their father off =D