Pets!

Two cats and a tortoise for now

A gorgeous rescued cocker spaniel xx

Hamster and a puddy cat. Would love to rescue more hamsters.

2 cats and a tank full of little fish

3 cats and 2 rats

One very stupid (and energetic) dog - but love him to bits and wouldn’t change him for the world!

We have two love birds and a rabbit called Bert :)

Fish.

None, OH allergic.

One gold fish

K&c30's wrote:

2 cats, two guinea pigs and three feral kids.

I can finally can update my list. We are getting a puppy!!! 4 weeks and she will be here. Can't wait.

3 cats (2 Maine coons and a Siberian forest cat) and a tortoise

3 Likes

A lovely rescue dog, our 4th in 30 years. He’s so loving and cute, i love the way he sits upright next to me, leaning on my shoulder.

I’ve got two lovely cats, one black boy and one brown tabby girl :blush:

1 Like

Totally LH irrelevant, but what sort of pet have you got? Had to put husky down last July due to old age and failing health. Trying to decide what to replace him with.
It’s amazing how much they help in bad times. Simple walk or playing about, just helps mentally.

2 Likes

Sorry for the loss of your fur baby. We lost one a couple of years ago and still miss him. We did get another (both mini schnauzers) we loved the breed too much and the house felt empty. Would love a shiba inu but prices are sky high. For now we have a 3 year old fluffy land shark schnauzer :joy:

1 Like

Sorry for your loss @Diggerman_Baz we have always had rescue dogs, currently on our fourth. They have always been cross breeds. Our last dog died a week before Christmas 2 years ago, and after Christmas we scoured the local rescue centres, going as far as Birmingham Dogs Home, we saw one we fell in love with instantly, but he was meant to be homed with another larger dog he’d gone in with. Due to my OH’s health and the fact my mom walks our dog when we’re at work we only wanted one small dog, so we kept looking. We then went to our local home, which is also part of Birmingham Dogs Home, and our chosen dog had been moved there. Also the other dog had been classed as part Pit Bull by a Police audit, and couldn’t be re-homed without a special license. So we eventually got our current one, he’s a little Staffie/Jack Russell cross and is perfect, so loveable, he’s usually next to me when i’m on here! I highly recommend getting a rescue, it’s so rewarding. If you get one, there is a photo category on the forum especially for pets!

Yeah, I got the husky from a local dog rescue, and plan to do the same with the next. Thinking about a beagal this time, something smaller for son to walk / play with.
Have a big pound built for husky lying empty, and plenty of garden for it to run.

1 Like

Good luck with your search! We have found that we go with a size in mind then the right dog more or less picks you, if that makes sense? :slight_smile:

@Diggerman_Baz So sorry for your loss. I know how harnessing it is to lose your furry friends. I’ve always been a cat person and currently have 2 Bengals; one brown spotted and one silver spotted. They are both indoor cats as I’ve lost soon many in the past and can’t bare the heartache anymore, but they have taken to being on a harness and love to go out for a walk around our garden, or over to the in-laws garden. They are very lively and are almost like dogs.

Unfortunately our little silver girl Dusty was diagnosed with FIP when only 5 months old at the time, which any vet will tell you is basically a death sentence and there is no cure. She was struggling to breathe and had fluid in her abdominal cavity and very lethargic. We were told she would only have a couple of weeks to live. Obviously we were devistated to find out, and we basically were preparing to at least give her a comforting and loving end of life care. However the wife and came across a support group on facebook which had dozens of people treating their cats for FIP with a new trial drug that was published only a couple of years ago so it’s not on the market yet, but the results showed a 90% cure rate. The way of getting hold of the stuff was a bit of a grey area but we managed and are most of the way through treatment now and she is doing so well! She has all her energy back and breathes normally now. It’s pretty expensive unfortunately and it consists of 3 months of daily injections, which isn’t fun… but she would be dead by now if we’d done nothing so I have no regrets.

2 Likes