What to do

It takes time for the vit D to build up in you system.
Get out and do some vigorous exercise. The endorphins released have a feel good effect.
The more you do the more you feel good .
Sorry if this sounds harsh, but you need to be tough on yourself and tell yourself to get with the program. I’m not being uncaring, I just know from personal and friends experiences that it can have a positive result.
You can do it, cmon.:+1:

1 Like

Absolutely, great advice.

That is exactly the spirit needed… we can all feel sorry for ourselves, but it serves no purpose and gets in to a downward spiral.

Im trying everything i can think of but im still struggling.
Fresh bed sheets was the best thing of today, especially since i have been feeling so sleepy

2 Likes

Fresh bed sheets is a genuine achievement. :+1: Extra points if it’s a king-size+ duvet.

5 Likes

Fresh bed sheets is great. A necessary task completed, plus you get the joy of climbing into fresh bedding tonight.

I’ve just had a little clear out of my garage as it’s bin day tomorrow and my bins were practically empty. I’m feeling loads better having cleared a bit more room. It’s now a job I don’t have in the back of my mind.

As I’ve suggested before, get a to-do list written up. Small, easily achievable things. I have silly things like “brush cats” or “empty bathroom bin” or even “get up by 08:30.” At the end of the day I can look back at all the things I did, wanted to do, and achieved and I feel so accomplished. However small, they’re positive steps.

3 Likes

I do a to-do list most days but it just shows me how much cleaning i do

But cleaning is productive :slight_smile:

Maybe put some self care things in there i.e. shave, moisturise, have a long soak in the bath, getting into bed by a certain time, reading a set amount of pages/chapters in a book.

Hi @zombifiedguy I’m sorry to hear how you’ve been feeling, like others who have commented, I know the feeling. The suggestions so far have been great, and I agree, the little things really do make a difference.

One thing that’s helped my mood, taking a vitamin D supplement, I put a tab in a bottle of water when I wake up and have that in the morning. I would suggest what others have said, put fresh bedsheets on, treat yourself to a long hot bath, some self care, it can perk you up, even if it feels like it won’t. Build up your daily list to things that will require a little more motivation to do, but take it at your own pace, one step at a time. If you are feeling lower on some days, call a support line, I know it sounds extreme but these people are fantastic and are there to listen to you, it’s nothing to feel ashamed about and they can offer you some extra support if you want.

I hope you get back to yourself soon, you will get through this, even if you feel you won’t, you are strong and always remember you have that inner strength in you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @zombifiedguy, I know how you feel x I can’t really offer you any suggestions because I haven’t worked out a way through those bad times myself yet. I know what would help (exercise, eating well, manageable goals etc) but when I am that low, even getting out of bed is a challenge. I find that being annoyed with myself for not doing things doesn’t help, it’s OK to not do stuff if you really can’t manage it. I just wanted to say that I’m thinking of you and I hope your mood starts to lift soon.

1 Like

I have general things like shower, lunch, brush teeth, etc

I know what you mean @Kitty-Cat01 i treated myself to a pizza but felt bad as it was an unhealthy choice.
Seems i cant really win.

Big hugs to everyone especially those who are also struggling

1 Like

I think you need a variety of things on your list.

• Home-care
  • Self-care
  • Fun stuff

A list that’s all chores is depressing in itself (and I say this as someone who spends the majority of their time cooking, cleaning, and complaining :slightly_smiling_face:).

And all ‘treats’ have a negative side. If they didn’t we could do them all the time. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Im working on it but my jobs are mostly cleaning and personal hygiene stuff.
So hard to plan anything these days

There’s lots of fun stuff you can do that requires little to no planning. Maybe set your sights a little lower. Read a book, play a game, watch a TV series - organise a bondage comparison table. :slightly_smiling_face: That sort of thing.

I do watch tv and play games too but i just dont feel like i enjoy them as much these days

I was going to suggest book or movie marathon, but ian got there first . Shoving some awesome music on always helps me too.

I have quite limited energy so have to ration what i do in a day. But if i dont make some time for the fun stuff too, it always gets me down.

So, list of (possibly random) ideas for fun stuff,
-learn a language
-take up an instrument (asking friends if they have old/unusued instruments is also a great way to get them for free. Usually you can scrounge a guitar this way. Ebay and freecycle are also good. Harmonicas are also a great cheap option if your into them)
-Learn all the words to your favourite songs
-plan movie marathon (attempting to watch all bruce willice movies or all the episodes of futurama is always fun)
-make yourself an awesome playlist of music that cheers you up (this is something ive done and it always helps when i get down)
-making a work out mix really helps as well. (A/B by Kaleo is currently whats getting me through trying to work out more often…its not happening as regularly as id like, but a even a little is alot better than nothing)
-take up a art or craft hobby like drawing, calligraphy, origami, photography, (all very low budget. Especially as most phones have pretty decent cameras now a days)
-get a bird feeder (you can get stick on ones for windows if you haven’t got any garden) watching the birds always cheers me up
-plant some seeds. Things like yogurt pots and meat trays make great plant pots. You can even sprout cress, mustard and sprouting seeds in wet paper towel. Just planing something small in a pot for the windowsill is nice (if you like hot chillies, i recommend “basket of fire”. Nice short variety. Grows really well)
-try cooking some new recipes. Make soup or dalh or bruchetta for lunch. lasagna, wraps or a new curry. Not only is cooking fun, but mixing up what you eat can really help cheer you up as its so easy to get into a rut of eating the same things over and over (first person to admit i am guilty of this). Make extra, freeze the excess and it saves cooking on a night when you just don’t feel up to it

Most of this is stuff I’ve tried at one point or another, so hope something appeals.

2 Likes

Perhaps time for something different? Same old can start to get a bit stagnant after awhile. Luckily I’ve just spotted @Green_Eyed_Girl has posted a good set of ideas, which saves me thinking any up. :slightly_smiling_face: (bondage comparison table…)

But, just to echo again what @VanillaWithSprinkles says above, that if this is something you need more help with than we can offer please don’t hesitate to reach out and get in touch with your GP, or any of the other support options that are available in your area. :+1:

2 Likes

Im seeing what i can do. Hopefully my friend will be able to take me to a toy superstore tomorrow. I can embrace my inner child and shop for nerf guns or lego lol.

1 Like

I appreciate all the ideas. Its just that i have to be really invested in something to want to do it. I can lose interest very quickly if its just a passing interest.
Made some random purchases that i cant really justify at the moment(a yoshi plush. Although it was on offer lol)