The Lounge

Mrning. Woken in a bit of a bad mood for no real reason and realising I probably should have made the effort to have a little play last night after all as I might be a bit more cheerful!

6 Likes

Morning @AmyA, I hope you feel better soon :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Aww @AmyA those are the worst mornings. Hope you cheer up a bit later! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hi, could someone please pop a breaker post in :uk: UK Special Offers, Top Sale Picks and DOTD for me please :pray:

Thanks @Ian_Chimp

3 Likes

Thereā€™s a template you can use that should get you most of the way there, and you can also have a practice run in the Sandbox if you fancy? I can answer any questions you might have in there too. :+1:

4 Likes

Veey nice bum bling review - if you want the photos to be smaller you can change the size to 200x265 (or whatever size you fancy).

1 Like

@valbowski77
I need to clarify - what is your profile photo of?
Everytime I look, it seems like itā€™s something different.
I find it puzzling so would really love to know the answer, then I can stop wondering :thinking:

I think you are right about the gusset. @Goth_Girl

1 Like

Had a very frank discussion with the OH about whatā€™s going to happen after I graduate from my uni, which left us both in tears but needed to get talked about as I feel weā€™ve both been living in a bit of a fantasy land without facing reality :cry: Itā€™s mainly over which one of us will be moving, as Iā€™m a US citizen and heā€™s a UK citizen. I currently study in the UK on a student visa, but if we were to stay here weā€™d have to move (at minimum) across the country, as there are no jobs in our current city for the qualifications Iā€™m getting, and weā€™d most likely have to get married so I could get a partner visa (as we havenā€™t lived together for 2 years, and most places wonā€™t sponsor a visa) and heā€™d have to find a new job :sweat_smile: Same would be true if we moved to the US, as the only jobs are across the country from where I grew up, and weā€™d still have to get married so he could get a green card and employment would still be up in the air for him :sweat_smile: Doesnā€™t help he only has a college education (UK, not US college), so heā€™s more limited qualification wise, though he does have a lot of experience in the field heā€™s in, but itā€™s a very specific manufacturing field, though he keeps saying he wants to become a driving instructor :sweat_smile: We also have two fur babies that we would never part from, and then thereā€™s the issue of moving all our crap to wherever we move as well :sweat_smile: We could move one place for a bit, then another, but Iā€™m the type of person who kind of wants to live all over and heā€™s definitely the type who likes to settle down and stay (which is nice but I want to live many places over my life) :sweat_smile: I love warmer places so my dream end goal is someplace like Cali, Hawaii or Australia to settle down in long term (though only feasible if we both got more lucrative jobs) :sweat_smile: Just lots of big life decisions happening :relaxed:

2 Likes

Oh, really?

See I originally thought that, but the more I looked at it - the more I was unsure.
So those are bum cheeks at the sides then.

After close inspection, I was starting to think it was some kind of bug because of the texture on the gusset part.
And the butt cheeks were the bugs big eyes :see_no_evil:

Did you reach any conclusions @rosiedosie ? Horrible position to be in. How do you feel about living permanently (or at least until you both have lucrative jobs and more countries are fighting over you) in the UK? What were his feelings about emigrating to the states (if the fur babies can make the trip)?

2 Likes

No conclusion reached as of yet :sweat_smile: We really need to weigh all the pros and cons before making a decision, as there are certainly plenty for both :sweat_smile: Free healthcare in the UK would be a plus for me as I have a chronic health condition, but then again the US just feels like home (even though I know a lot of people are dying to get out :sweat_smile:) :woman_shrugging: The fur babies would be able to make the trip (theyā€™re 2 cats, one is 4 kg and one 3 kg so both could fly in the cabin), though it would be a trek :sweat_smile: Probably wonā€™t reach any conclusions for another month or two :cry: Honestly itā€™s really hard as one of us will feel like theyā€™re sacrificing more, even if we end up living in both places after a while :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Really tricky, I hope you find a solution you can both be happy with and whatever you decide either the UK or US governments are helpful with the visa! Lots to mull over. Big hugs.

2 Likes

Best of luck @rosiedosie, I hope everything works out for you :crossed_fingers::slightly_smiling_face::hugs::hugs:

3 Likes

Sounds complicated :face_exhaling: I donā€™t envy you.
Hope you can sort something out. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Just been surfing about on here and found this - Positions of the Week - #190 by Ian_Chimp which made me chuckle a bit. Looks good but I think I would need time with a Chiropractor if I tried that :joy: :joy: :ambulance:

2 Likes

Iā€™m saving that one for when we go on a Space Cruise. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Has anyone else noticed the emoji have changed slightly. :laughing: its really bugging me for some inexplicable reason

3 Likes

I think we got some extra ones in the process tooā€¦

:brown_heart: :lungs: :anatomical_heart: :piƱata:

(There are plenty more if anyone fancies a browse :slightly_smiling_face:)

1 Like

I feel for you, they are big life decisions. Hopefully you will get it sorted, it may mean one of you compromising more than the other in the short term. Itā€™s great that you have had the big conversation, and itā€™s important that you both keep those discussions going until you reach an agreement on what to do.

My husband has always wanted to return to New Zealand permanently, but stayed in the UK for me as Iā€™m close to my family. The NHS is also an important consideration for us too as one of our kids has a medical condition. He knows that we will eventually move, but the timing has got to be right.

:crossed_fingers:for you.

2 Likes