The Sandbox

Wouldn’t mind though…:drooling_face:

1 Like

I think there may be other sites for that. :slightly_smiling_face:

Only pulling your leg @Ian_Chimp I much prefer a blokes top half…:shushing_face:

Its what i do lol

1 Like

Do we know if there’s any way to edit who a reply was to after it’s been posted? I am forever replying to the topic instead of an individual or replying to an individual instead of a topic :person_facepalming:hopeless

I’m going to give it a try hang on. Edit i can’t find any options for it so the easiest way will probably be to edit in their name @Cassii

1 Like

Not as yet. I’ve done it a couple of times, but it seems like the link is baked in when the message is created. I’ll keeping looking though. :+1:

1 Like

I couldnt find a way either - adding in a tag is good. Any suggestions for when it should’ve gone to the topic as a whole?

I’m playing games and accidentally sending rude acronyms and blind date responses to people instead of the topic :flushed: I need to pay more attention before I hit reply!!

I wouldn’t worry about it. There will always be someone new who’ll do the same, so there’s no avoiding it. :slightly_smiling_face: I think context is the main thing. And, depending on what notification settings the person you mistakenly replied to had picked for that game, they may get a ping no matter what. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

It’d be more confusing if you misdirected a reply meant specifically for something a particular member had said. I suppose you’d just have to withdraw/delete the first and try again?

1 Like

I’d just change it when you notice basically. I’m going see if i can remove the reply thing in an edit. Edit no apparently you cannot though you can put a reason

1 Like

Thanks both, I guess I’ll try not to worry too much if I mess up and trust you all know I’m not a creep :grin:

1 Like

It sometimes does it automatically, sometimes it doesn’t. I’m not entirely sure why yet. Give me half an hour and I’ll find out. :blush:

So when you press the reply button In the bottom right hand corner of someones comment, it’ll bring the new text box up, and it should have that person’s name, just above the text box.

If you use the reply button at the bottom of the whole thread, that should reply to the topic instead of someone Inparticular.

I hope I’ve understood your query right.
If I have, I hope that helps.

I think @Cassii was interested in changing who she’d directed her reply to after she’d already sent it (as she replied to a person rather the Topic).

If you pull up an edit screen of a post where you’ve replied to someone, and then look in the top left corner, you’ll see the ‘Reply to’ choice is no longer there.

I’m not 100%, but it seems the link is baked in at message creation, so you’d have to delete the message and re-reply properly (if you really felt you had to). Like I said above, I don’t think it’s a huge deal, as there’ll always be someone getting it wrong. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hmmm, I see. Yes, changing posts to reply to someone else, isn’t possible by the initial looks of it.

But, my good man, who’s to say there isn’t a way of doing it someway. :joy: I’ll keep looking :grin:

1 Like

Absolutely. And if you find anything else fun/useful let us know. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

Trying hide text

Summary

Hidden

@MsR What’s going on with your paragraphs? :slightly_smiling_face: Are you missing the old place so much you’ve decided to manually copy the glitches?

Testing doing an anonymous poll.

What flavour ice-cream do you like?

• Vanilla
  • Chocolate
  • Strawberry

0 voters

1 Like

I’m going to try adding a paragraph break as normal - by clicking ‘return’ like this.
Did it work?

I’m now going to try leaving a paragraph break with a blank line underneath for longer posts, by clicking return twice, like this.

Did it work?

ETA apparently it did, each time. Hope this helps people to read longer posts. Click return twice for a longer gap between paragraphs.

Thanks @Ian_Chimp

1 Like