Positions of the Week

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 17 Nov 2019
Back to 2019

Hard Press

She can enjoy all the benefits of doggy-style while lying down, plus it helps him last longer and she gets targeted G-spot stimulation. Win win.

How?

She lies on her front, leaning on her elbows, while he adopts a press up position on top of her and enters her from behind.

Why?

It’s a little more challenging to thrust in this position due to the angle of penetration, making it perfectly suited to taking it slow and lasting a little longer.

Try

If she closes her legs together, she’ll feel tighter and the stimulation will be increased with each thrust, making the position more intense.

Make it even better

Place a DOMINIX Deluxe Inflatable Sex Position Ramp under her hips to raise them up to allow for deeper penetration, minus having to be on all fours.

Non-hetero?

This position can be adapted for female-female couples with the use of a strap-on dildo. It’s also a great position to try for anal sex (and add a male masturbator into the mix if the receiver has a penis).

I tried it and I…
  • Loved it :heart:
  • Thought it was fun :smiley:
  • Didn’t get on with it :woman_shrugging:
  • Broke myself :face_with_head_bandage:
  • Voted by accident :man_facepalming:

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 24 Nov 2019
Back to 2019

The Cuddle Huddle

She can enjoy intense clitoral stimulation and take control of the rhythm and speed, while he gets to last longer and enjoy complete access to her breasts, bum and clitoris.

How?

He lies on this back and she lowers herself down on to him, straddling him with her legs and embracing him with her elbows resting either side of his shoulders.

Why?

The intimacy of this position allows for intense eye contact and incredible clitoral stimulation from rubbing against his pubic bone. She controls the pace, while his hands are freed up for focusing on her erogenous zones such as the breasts, anus and clitoris.

Try

He can make a V-shape with two fingers and place them so the pointed bit of the V (between the two knuckles) is directly over her clitoris. The fingers should be positioned either side of the penis as she moves forwards and backwards. This stimulates her clitoris and inner labia, while adding intensity for him.

Make it even better

Introduce some extra pleasurable buzz with a vibrating cock ring or finger vibrator - this position is ideal for adding toys into the mix.

Non-hetero?

This position can be adapted for female-female couples with the use of a strap-on dildo. It’s also a great position to try for anal sex (and add a male masturbator into the mix if the receiver has a penis).

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

1 Like

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 30 Nov 2019
Back to 2019

The Multi-Tasker

If your default pose this week has been “thumb-hovering-over-the-refresh-button-on-your-favourite-website-waiting-for-the-hottest-Black-Friday-deals”, then this is the sex position for you.

Look, we know pulling out your phone mid-moment is usually a no-no, but if our incredible deals have got you hot under the collar, then this variation on the classic reverse cowgirl lets you and your partner fill your baskets, as well as your boots.

We’re just kidding, of course. Once you’ve bagged yourself the best Black Friday butt plug bargain around (phew), or finally treated yourself to the lingerie you’ve been lusting after for months, then put the devices away and spend some quality one-on-one time with your boo, without distraction.

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

1 Like

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 01 Dec 2019
Back to 2019

The Right Tangle

A position that allows for maximum gyration and thrusting, he can enjoy absolute control while she can lie back and think about that almighty orgasm that’s about to come her way.

How?

She lies on her side and raises her top leg, keeping her bottom leg straight on the bed. He straddles her bottom thigh and enters from behind, holding her waist and shoulder to control each thrust and gyration.

Why?

The control he has over the strength and angle of each thrust means he can go to town on hitting her internal pleasure zones. Plus, he’ll have a fantastic view of her sexiest external spots, as well as access to them for dual stimulation.

Try

She can try twisting her torso as he thrusts deeper - just the slight change of angle will send both of you flying to that special place.

Make it even better

Adding a butt plug into the mix for both or one partner could immediately add a whole new dimension to the position and enhance sensations. Start small with something like the BASICS Slimline Butt Plug and slip it in with plenty of anal lube before play starts to stimulate all of those rich nerve-endings in the anus, while enjoying all of the other benefits this position offers.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

3 Likes

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 08 Dec 2019
Back to 2019

Sunday Morning

Like a lazy missionary position, Sunday Morning is ideal for enjoying each other’s bodies and pleasuring each other at a leisurely pace.

How?

Start off in normal missionary position (he lies on top of her to enter) and have him spin 45 degrees to one side so your bodies are forming an X shape.

Why?

A reverse version of the spooning position, it allows for much more intimacy as you’re facing each other and it also helps him last for much longer. She also gets a sexy view of his back and bum with every thrust.

Try

She can inch her pelvis so it’s a little higher than his, and then wrap her leg around his waist to pull him in closer.

Make it even better

A couple’s vibrator like the Lovehoney Bed Ringer Rechargeable Double Cock Ring will add thrilling sensations into the mix for both him and her.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 16 Dec 2019
Back to 2019

Sleigh Ride

With tummies full of festive cheer this is the perfect position for a laid back raunchy ride that will really jingle those bells.

How?

He lies on his side with both legs bent and slightly apart. She lies on her back with her bum facing his penis and knees bent and thrown over his thighs.

Why?

You both get to lie down for this xmas ride while he thrusts at a leisurely pace and takes full advantage of the free range stimulation access to her clitoris and breasts. Her hands are also free to play.

Try

If you have the energy, try a seated version with him sitting on the edge of a bed for deeper penetration and increased intimacy.

Make it even better

The Leisurely Lover is fantastic for easy clitoral access and a finger vibrator is ideal for taking her pleasure to the next level with targeted vibrations on her clitoris.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 22 Dec 2019
Back to 2019

The Kite

This position gives the man fantastic control of penetration, while giving her prime access to her clitoris for explosive sensations all round.

How?

She lies on her back with her feet together and knees opened out to the side. He straddles her with his knees either side and holds her feet for maximum control of each thrust.

Why?

It’s a fantastic position for deep penetration which is a win-win for both of you. Plus, she can stimulate her clitoris and breasts to take her pleasure to the next level.

Try

Use a pillow or position enhancer to elevate her pelvis to achieve even deeper penetration and prime stimulation of her G-spot.

Make it even better

She can take full advantage of the no-holds-barred access to her clitoris by slipping on a finger vibrator to add thrilling sensations into the mix.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

:lh_heart_purple: Lovehoney, 29 Dec 2019
Back to 2019

Flip Reverse

This sex position puts her in the driving seat, with absolute control over the pace and depth of penetration. Perfect if she likes to take on a more dominant role in the bedroom.

How?

He lies on his back and brings his knees upwards with a bend at his knees. She squats down on him and places his legs either side of her arms, and uses his legs for support and to guide each thrust. He takes hold of her thighs to keep her close and balanced.

Take it slow and enjoy gently exploring which angle feels good. Just a few small hip or bum adjustments could be the key to really hitting that sweet spot. It’s key to remember that his penis is bent backwards in this position so taking it slow and easy also prevents an unwanted trip to A&E.

Why?

Switching round the usual ‘man on top’ positions adds a whole new and exciting dynamic to your sex life, and the Flip Reverse is a position that requires a little more flexibility and stamina than the norm. If you’re bored of the same old bedroom tricks, it’s sure to spice things up.

Try

Having intense eye contact with your partner in this position lends itself perfectly to some good old fashioned dirty talk. The dirtier the better

Make it even better

Once you’re both confident, try adding a hands-free couples vibrator into the mix and take it in turns to control the vibration modes. Added buzz will take your shared pleasure to a whole new level.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2019

Welcome to 2020! :balloon:

:lh_heart_yellow: 2020 :lh_heart_yellow:
2018 | 2019 || 2021 | 2022 | 2023

Names, dates and blog links
Forum Posts Blogs
Access All Areas 05 Jan 2020
Wrapped in You 12 Jan 2020
Tipping Point 19 Jan 2020
The Horse and Carriage 26 Jan 2020
Froggy Style 2 Feb 2020
Swings & Roundabouts 09 Feb 2020
Side Saddle 23 Feb 2020
Head First 01 Mar 2020
Side Hustle 08 Mar 2020
Cheek to Cheek 15 Mar 2020
Bridge to the Heavens 22 Mar 2020
First Past the Post 29 Mar 2020
Over the Top 05 Apr 2020
Bottoms Up 12 Apr 2020
Back in the Saddle 19 Apr 2020
Sidewind Her 26 Apr 2020
Grip it Good 03 May 2020
Lift Off 10 May 2020
Deep G Diving 17 May 2020
Dinner Date 24 May 2020
Aim to Please 31 May 2020
Park and Ride 07 Jun 2020
Clitar Hero 14 Jun 2020
Kinky Crossroads 21 Jun 2020
Pleasure Slide 28 Jun 2020
Joy Ride 5 Jul 2020
Liberated Lover 11 Jul 2020
Sitting Pretty 18 Jul 2020
Take a Seat 25 Jul 2020
The Close-Up 01 Aug 2020
Stairway to Heaven 08 Aug 2020
The Spider 15 Aug 2020
The Pretzel 22 Aug 2020
Sky High 28 Aug 2020
Mount Joy 30 Aug 2020
Stand to Attention 5 Sep 2020
Heavenly Raise 12 Sep 2020
Chairway to Heaven 19 Sep 2020
The Thigh’s the Limit 26 Sep 2020
Raise the Roof 03 Oct 2020
The Elevator 10 Oct 2020
Best Seat in the House 16 Oct 2020
Hot Squat 23 Oct 2020
Things That Go
Bump in the Night
31 Oct 2020
Hold On Tight 06 Nov 2020
Take A Knee 13 Nov 2020
On Your Marks 20 Nov 2020
The Good Side 27 Nov 2020
Tingle all the Way 04 Dec 2020
Rise and Shine 11 Dec 2020
Mighty Kneel 18 Dec 2020
Wild Thing 25 Dec 2020

Access All AreasWrapped in You V1Wrapped in You V2Tipping PointTipping PointHorse and CarriageFroggy StyleSwings and RoundaboutsSide SaddleHead FirstSide HustleCheek to CheekBridge to the HeavensFirst Past the PostOver the TopBottoms UpBack in the SaddleSidewind HerGrip it GoodGrip it GoodLift OffDeep G Diving V1Deep G Diving V2Dinner DateAim to PleasePark and RidePark and RideClitar HeroKinky CrossroadsPleasure SlideJoy RideJoy RideLiberated LoverLiberated LoverSitting PrettyTake a SeatThe Close-UpStairway to HeavenThe SpiderThe PretzelSky HighMount JoyStand to AttentionHeavenly RaiseChairway to HeavenChairway to HeavenThe Thigh's the LimitRaise the RoofThe ElevatorThe ElevatorBest Seat in the HouseHot SquatThings That Go Bump in the NightHold on TightTake a KneeOn Your MarksThe Good SideTingle All The WayRise and ShineMighty KneelWild Thing

2018 | 2019 || 2021 | 2022 | 2023
:lh_heart_yellow: 2020 :lh_heart_yellow:

1 Like

:lh_heart_yellow: Lovehoney, 05 Jan 2020
Back to 2020

Access All Areas
(see also: Abracadabra)

She can completely surrender herself to him with the Access All Areas position, letting him pleasure all of her sweet spots in one explosive session.

How?

She lies back and spreads her legs as far apart as possible. He kneels in front and penetrates her, holding her thighs to move her legs apart

Why?

Deep penetration isn’t the only benefit of this easy yet incredibly rewarding sex position. He can take complete charge of pleasuring absolutely all of her erogenous zones (you name it, he can access it), while heightening it with intense eye contact and occasional breaks for a passionate kiss.

Try

She can take full advantage of her hands being free for some self-stimulation. She can also raise herself up a little to caress his balls and send his pleasure levels soaring.

Make it even better

He or she can take full advantage of the no-holds-barred access with a finger vibrator to get all of those external nerve-endings tingling with delight.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2020

1 Like

:lh_heart_yellow: Lovehoney, 12 Jan 2020
Back to 2020

Wrapped in You

Enjoy maximum intimacy and pleasure at a languid pace with this seated girl on top position. Ideal for lazy Sunday mornings on the sofa, with the bonus of deep penetration and easy access to external pleasure points.

How?

He sits in a slightly reclined position while she climbs on top and lowers herself down onto him, twisting into a sideways embrace and wrapping one leg over him to achieve the desired angle.

Why?

This position allows you to both share control over the angle, depth and pace of penetration, using each other’s limbs to communicate what feels good. Intense eye contact and easy access to her breasts and clitoris take the pleasure levels up a notch again.

Try

If she’s feeling energetic, she can use her legs to lift herself into a raised position for quick and shallow thrusts that will feel incredible on the tip of his penis. A short burst of this combined with more leisurely intervals lets you explore the full potential of this seemingly basic position.

Make it even better

He or she can introduce a petite bullet vibrator and direct it to her clitoris or nipples, and his balls to get all of those hungry nerve-endings even more excited.

Not the position for you?

We’re working to make sure that everyone is represented on our website, regardless of who you love, so we’ll be using a variety of gender depictions in our Position of the Week posts. This will include straight, gay, lesbian, and gender neutral couples, but all positions will have details in the description of how to make them work for your own relationship dynamic.

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2020

:lh_heart_yellow: Lovehoney, 19 Jan 2020
Back to 2020

The Tipping Point

In this limber position, he gets to enjoy the view of watching himself thrust, while she benefits from clitoral stimulation as she grinds against him.

How?

She lies horizontally on her side, while he fits between her legs and enters her. She then tilts forwards, moving her legs behind his back and holding his legs for support.

Why?

Because of the angle, he can watch himself entering her, and his upper hand is free to stimulate her other erogenous zones. This is also a great position for couples who prefer shallow penetration.

Try…

… adding a touch of kink by flicking a flogger or a spanking paddle against her buttocks.

Make it even better

For delicious dual stimulation, she can slip in a butt plug, or try turning a vibrating cock ring round to pleasure her clit and his balls…

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2020

:lh_heart_yellow: Lovehoney, 26 Jan 2020
Back to 2020

Horse and Carriage

Get those muscles pumping, pulses racing and pleasure zones galloping towards a big climax with this A-spot loving workout sex position.

How?

She lies on her back with her legs pulled backwards towards her head. He lowers himself onto her in a press up position, facing away from her and straddling her with his knees to maximise his stability and control.

Why?

The angle of penetration is perfect for precision point A-spot stimulation and both partners can adjust the angle and intensity with a subtle adjustment of her legs or his pelvis height.

Try

Up the pleasure levels with a vibrating cock ring, but try wearing it backwards with the clitoral stimulator positioned at the base of his penis. Wearing it ‘the wrong way up’ in this position will direct the vibrations straight to her clitoris and tease his balls at the same time.

Make it even better

Add a butt plug into the mix for deliciously heightened sensations. One or both of you could indulge in this explosive addition to your lovemaking thanks to the versatility of this position.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2020

:lh_heart_yellow: Lovehoney, 02 Feb 2020
Back to 2020

Froggy Style

Like missionary but need a twist to keep the excitement alive? Froggy Style stretches your limbs, allowing you to discover brand new angles and depths, while maintaining the intimacy levels of good old fashioned missionary.

How?

She lies on her back with her pelvis tilted at a 45 degree angle, with one leg bent and her foot on the floor. She stretches her other leg out to enable him to climb on top of her and straddle her with one bent leg, while his other leg stretches behind him. He positions his arms either side of her shoulders with his chest raised.

Why?

It’s a great position to experiment with different angles and depths of penetration. With both pelvises tilted to meet at a 45 degree angle, both partner’s can enjoy deep penetration which aims straight for her G-spot. He also gets quite the workout by engaging his upper and lower body with each thrust.

Try

Place cushions or position enhancer under her hips for support and to raise them up to experiment with different angles of penetration.

Make it even better

Intensify your shared pleasure by introducing a couples vibrator such as the We-Vibe Unite 2 Remote Control Rechargeable Clitoral and G-spot Vibrator. The handy remote makes exploring the vibration modes super-easy in most positions.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2020

:lh_heart_yellow: Lovehoney, 09 Feb 2020
Back to 2020

Swings and Roundabouts

Think reverse cowgirl with an upside-down twist, Swings & Roundabouts ups your position game and delivers on deep penetration and explosive A-spot pleasure.

How

She lies on her back with her legs bent and raised. He straddles her and faces away from her with his knees on the floor and his pelvis raised for elevated thrusting.

Why?

He is perfectly positioned for deep penetration and at just the right angle for delicious A-spot stimulation. Plus, his pelvis can grind against her clitoris to send her pleasure levels soaring.

Try

She has easy access to fondle her clitoris and his balls with her hands. Or why not add a Magic Wand Vibrator into the mix and she can take control of directing intense vibrations to exactly where she wants without getting in the way of the penetrative action?

Make it even better

One or both of you could wear a butt plug to elevate the pleasure potential of this position to… well, put it this way, all of your main erogenous zones will be stimulated and working together for some very happy results.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2020

:lh_heart_yellow: Lovehoney, 23 Feb 2020
Back to 2020

Side Saddle

A fantastic position for her to take control, he lies back and enjoys the view, while she grinds or moves up and down on him to achieve her desired depth and pace of penetration. If he’s a little on the small side, having her directly on top will ensure he doesn’t fall out at any point, and he also benefits from the intense sensations of being deep inside of her.

How

He lies on a sofa or bed with his feet firm on the ground and his knees slightly apart. She lowers herself down onto him and sits facing sideways, with her legs firmly planted on the floor.

Why

The position allows him to stimulate both her nipples and clitoris with his free hands to take her pleasure to the next level, while she can enjoy shallow or deep penetration depending on her mood. She can bounce up and down on him for a good sexercise session, or take it slowly with a bit of deep grinding to hit the G-spot.

Try

The Side Saddle lends itself perfectly to those who enjoy anal sex. If you opt for the anal version, she can masturbate or finger herself at the same time, or alternatively leave it him to put his free hands to good use.

Make it even better

A finger vibrator could transform the teasing of her external erogenous zones into something explosive. Which partner slips the vibe onto their finger is up to you to decide…

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2020

:lh_heart_yellow: Lovehoney, 01 Mar 2020
Back to 2020

Head First

You’ll feel pretty pleased with yourselves if you’re able to pull this off. Think of an elevated take on the classic 69 position, which actually increases the intensity and closeness between each partner so you can both enjoy a more targeted oral sex session.

How?

He sits on a sturdy sofa chair with his feet firmly on the floor. She climbs onto his shoulders from behind (as if he is giving her a shoulder ride), and gently helps lower her over his head until her head has easy access to his penis. She uses his thighs to hold onto for support, while he draws her crotch into his face, guiding and supporting her with his hands around her buttocks.

Why?

To maintain this strong position, your bodies need to be super-close and supportive of one another, which in turn makes the oral sex more focused and direct, which we all know, can only culminate in very good things. It also requires you to be very much in tune with each other’s bodies as there is no eye contact and limited verbal communication, creating an enhanced level of intimacy that is less intense during a standard 69 position.

Try

Add an element of culinary surprise by each applying a ‘surprise’ flavoured lube to your bits before time for kick-off to make every lick and caress even more delicious.

Make it even better

Intensify your oral pleasure by adding a bit of anal stimulation into the mix to really get those hungry nerve endings sated. Both or one partner could slip a butt plug in to combine a wonderful ‘full up’ feeling with some very passionate oral sensations.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2020

:lh_heart_yellow: Lovehoney, 08 Mar 2020
Back to 2020

Side Hustle

Requiring a good dose of balance and control, you’ll find your extra effort in the bedroom gymnastics department is very much rewarded with this G-spot loving, access-all-areas position. It’s also a fantastic position for a hot summer - think no clammy bedsheets.

How?

Find a sturdy, comfortable item of furniture that matches his waist height when kneeling. She lies down sideways on top of it and supports herself with one hand on the floor, and her knees together and bent slightly. He kneels behind her and enters her, holding onto her thighs and ankles with both hands for absolute control over each thrust.

Why?

This position takes you out of the usual ‘sex on a bed’ scenario and encourages both partners to work closely together to find the right height, angle and level of support to really make the position sing. He uses her body to control the power and speed of each thrust, and she in turn can push back or open and close her legs to varying degrees to change the angle and deepness of penetration. Once you get into your stride, the initial challenge of the position will be met with some very pleasurable rewards.

Try

Why not indulge in a bit of foreplay in this position to really get things heated before he takes the plunge? With full access to all of her favourite spots, he can really go to town with a bullet vibrator on her clitoris and nipples, while she can use her spare hand to caress his penis and balls.

Make it even better

Use a position enhancer to ensure absolute comfort and support, as well as variations of the position. The Liberator Sex Position Wedge Ramp Combo allows you to alter the height with ease by combining the two cushions or using them separately.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2020

:lh_heart_yellow: Lovehoney, 15 Mar 2020
Back to 2020

Cheek to Cheek

Oh boy, oh boy, is he going to love this one. Do a flip reverse on the traditional forward facing blow job position and gain full access to titillation of his most explosive spots - his penis, balls and anus. Now there’s a triple whammy to write home about.

How?

He positions himself in a horizontal facedown position, with his hips resting on a sturdy pouffe or padded footrest and his arms on the floor in a press up position. She kneels behind him and prizes apart his bum cheeks and thighs to perform delicious licks and sucks on his penis, balls or anus… or all three.

Why?

Facing away from the action, he’ll need to put absolute trust in her and take on a slightly submissive role when it comes to her choosing which areas she’s going to pleasure first and how. This creates a thrilling element of suspense for him and the sensations that await him, and gives her the thrill of being in charge.

Try

She can slip a vibrating cock ring onto him to surprise him with intense vibrations, while she licks, sucks and tickles her way around his pleasure zones. A squeeze of flavoured lube will make the oral extravaganza into a delicious experience for her, and the added lubrication will feel sensational for him.

Make it even better

He can put a blindfold on during the oral session to explore the Dom/sub relationship further and to play on the element of surprise as to what’s coming next in the pleasure stakes. The position is a fantastic starting point for exploring soft bondage and the roles of giver/receiver can be easily switched to explore different narratives.

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2020

:lh_heart_yellow: Lovehoney, 22 Mar 2020
Back to 2020

Bridge to the Heavens

Bridge to the Heavens is a sex position that is ideal for all penis sizes, be they small, medium or on the larger side. Both partners can tailor it to what works best for both them and their partner with a simple tweak of his hip height or her leg position. Experiment and enjoy!

How?

She lies on her back with both legs raised and crossed at the heels. He lies in a half press up position and angles himself to penetrate her, using his legs and forearms for support.

Why?

He can adjust the depth of penetration to work with the size of his appendage with a simple raise or lower of his hips, while she can push her thighs together or loosen them depending on her desired tightness. As you’re not facing one another, it’s very much down to your bodies to do the communicating, which heightens the intensity of the position, and in turn lets you educate each about what feels good.

Try

As well as experimenting with different tightness intensities by adjusting the closeness of her thighs, she can also increase the depth of penetration by bringing her legs back towards her head. This will work particularly well if he’s on the small side as both of you will instantly benefit from those deep, all-encompassing sensations.

Make it even better

Slipping a cushion or position enhancer will instantly transform the angle and depth of penetration, and can be easily manoeuvred to achieve what works best for both of you. Delicious tingles from a vibrating cock ring will only add to the intense pleasure of this position, and a remote controlled vibrating ring means one of you can be in charge of the settings. Who takes charge is up to you to decide…

Non-hetero?

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2020