Positions of the Week

:lh_heart_green: Lovehoney, 09 Apr 2021
Back to 2021

The Love Chair

The Love Chair takes the art of sitting comfortably up a few notches, delivering an incredible view, mind-blowing deep penetration and the opportunity to grind and wind your way to explosive results.

How?

The receiving partner kneels and bends forward to support their body on their elbows. The giving partner squats down on top of the receiving partner, facing in the opposite direction and placing their hands on their thighs to help them keep their balance.

The giving partner will need to employ an up-and-down motion when penetrating the receiving partner, taking it nice and slow to experiment with achieving the best angle.

Why?

Whether you’re indulging in anal or vaginal penetration, The Love Chair position is perfect for achieving deliciously intense G-spot or P-spot stimulation. A challenging position to maintain for both partners, it does however reward grandly and is ideal for exploring Dom/sub scenarios as it puts the giving partner in control.

Try

The receiving partner can free up a hand and direct it straight to their chosen hotspot for added stimulation during penetration. Depending on whether they have a vagina or penis and whether it’s vaginal or anal sex on the menu, a vibrator, dildo or stroker could add instant extra gratification.

Make it even better

The addition of vibrations is a sure-fire way of ramping up the sensations for both partners in this position. Whether it’s with a vibrating cock ring, vibrating strap-on or vibrating butt plug, the added stimulation will give The Love Chair an even more explosive edge.

Not the position for you?

We’re working to make sure that everyone is represented on our website, regardless of who you love, so we’ll be using a variety of gender depictions in our Position of the Week posts. This will include straight, gay, lesbian, and gender neutral couples, but all positions will have details in the description of how to make them work for your own relationship dynamic.

I tried it and I…
  • Loved it :heart:
  • Thought it was fun :smiley:
  • Didn’t get on with it :woman_shrugging:
  • Broke myself :face_with_head_bandage:
  • Voted by accident :man_facepalming:

0 voters

Back to 2021

:lh_heart_green: Lovehoney, 12 Apr 2021
Back to 2021

Saddle Up

Holy smoke! We know some of you like a challenge when it comes to bedroom gymnastics, and Saddle Up is most definitely that. Fantastic if you’re bored with your sex life and want to show off your strength, flexibility and stamina – there are also some pleasurable perks to be enjoyed in this position.

How?

The giving partner gets into a bridge-like position and invites the receiving partner to straddle them, supporting themselves on tiptoes to lighten the weight on the giving partner.

Why?

Think of Saddle Up as an elevated version of the classic cowgirl position, which allows the top partner to swivel, grind or gently bounce to achieve the desired depth and rhythm, and very much puts them in complete control. Saddle Up is also a great position for maintaining direct eye contact which enhances the sense of intimacy.

Try

This is a taxing position to maintain even for the strongest and most agile of giving partners – fear not, though, abbreviated, easier versions of Saddle Up are available.

The giving partner could achieve the same position by resting their body on a bed or sofa to take the strain off. It’s also key that the receiving partner leans forward at a 45-degree angle to achieve the easiest and most comfortable penetration.

Make it even better

The addition of vibrations that both of you can share will undoubtedly heighten sensations and excitement. A wearable couple’s vibrator, vibrating cock ring or vibrating strap-on will get those internal and external sweet spots singing loudly in an instant.

A little dab of orgasm gel or balm is always a fab way of achieving an extra-pleasurable tingle on the clitoris or nipples, and can be enjoyed by both partners in this position.

We’re working to make sure that everyone is represented on our website, regardless of who you love, so we’ll be using a variety of gender depictions in our Position of the Week posts. This will include straight, gay, lesbian, and gender neutral couples, but all positions will have details in the description of how to make them work for your own relationship dynamic.

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2021

:lh_heart_green: Lovehoney, 23 Apr 2021
Back to 2021

Sunday Brunch

Nothing beats a nice bit of Sunday Brunch, especially when what’s on the menu is bursting with pleasurable possibilities. Find your best spot for dining and get into position as one partner devours the other while enjoying a spectacular view and build-up to an explosive finish.

How?

The giving partner kneels in a seated position, whilst the receiving partner stands with their feet either side of the giving partner’s thighs, folds at the waist and places their hands either side of the giving partner’s ankles.

Why?

The bent-over positioning of the receiving partner opens them up (quite literally), welcoming the giving partner to explore their vagina or anus with their tongue to discover what cunnilingus tricks work their magic.

Try

The giving partner can pull the receiving partner in closer and hold onto their thighs to provide a bit of resistance whilst their tongue gets to work. The giving partner’s hands can also be freed up to add their fingers, a clitoral vibrator (if the receiving partner has a vulva) or a stroker (if the receiving partner has a penis) to the mix.

Alternatively, the giving partner might want to treat themselves to a bit of self-pleasuring while they make their partner squirm with delight.

Make it even better

Make it a brunch to remember and reach for the condiments (aka flavoured lubes) to really get the taste buds excited.

And why not choose a side of added buzz in the bum for either or both partners? Pulling out some vibrating anal beads at the point of climax, or letting deliciously fulfilling sensations build with a vibrating butt plug could tip your Sunday Brunch into a whole new league.

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2021

1 Like

:lh_heart_green: Lovehoney, 30 Apr 2021
Back to 2021

Space Hopper #2

Space Hopper #2

Jump aboard the Space Hopper position and bounce your way to orgasmic galaxies, while hitting some key pleasure spots along the way. Perfect for both vaginal or anal sex, it puts the top partner in the driving seat of some hoptastic, mid-level penetration fun.

How?

The bottom partner stands on all fours, leaning on their elbows and knees, with their legs slightly spread. The top partner crouches over the bottom partner so that their feet are next to their knees, and places their hands either side on the floor to help keep their balance.

Why?

Although primitive in appearance, Space Hopper is a forward-thinking position when it comes to exploring a Dom/sub scenario for the first time, as it very much puts the top partner in control.

Ideal for a medium depth of penetration, the top partner’s hands can also be freed up for stimulating the bottom partner’s breasts, clitoris or penis – although they may want to hold onto the side of a bed or sofa to balance them while they pleasure away.

Try

Accessorise the top partner with a finger vibrator or stroker so the bottom partner can enjoy a truly explosive session. And if you really want to cover all hot spots, one or both partner’s could wear a vibrating butt plug to add delicious, building sensations into the mix.

Make it even better

Explore the Dom/sub scenario further by introducing handcuffs or ankle restraints to the bottom partner. A blindfold could then be the next step to put them into a completely submissive position, that adds to their excitement by heightening every touch and thrust.

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2021

:lh_heart_green: Lovehoney, 07 May 2021
Back to 2021

Intersexion

Intersexion

Meet at the Intersexion and enjoy sweet, languid sex that can go as slow and sensual or as fast and passionate as you like. Perfect for fans of shallow or deep penetration, Intersexion also offers up new angles that may be the key to outrageously powerful orgasms.

How?

The receiving partner lies down on their stomach, with their head at the top of the bed and their feet at the end of the bed. The giving partner climbs on top and lies with their feet on one side of the bed, and their head on the other side to create a cross shape.

Why?

Intersexion is ideal if you’re bored with the same old angle of penetration, and want to mix it up a little. Depending on whether you indulge in vaginal or anal penetration for the position, the 45 degree angle of the top partner will give you new and exciting sensations for the G-spot, A-spot or P-spot.

The top partner is ultimately in control of the pace, and as each partner is facing away from the other, communication via your bodies is key. If a slow and steady pace is doing the trick, keep going at that pace. If fast thrusts are getting a good reaction, that’s the way forward.

Try

If the flat positioning of the receiving partner isn’t quite hitting the spot, slip a cushion or sex position enhancer under their pelvis to experiment with different heights of penetration. Remember – everyone is different and simple changes can give you big results.

Make it even better

Whether you indulge in vaginal or anal sex in the position, the addition of a butt plug for both or either partner could add a delicious feeling of fullness into the orgasmic equation. If added buzz is your go-to, there are plenty of vibrating butt plugs to choose from, and an exciting range of wearable couple’s vibrators too.

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2021

:lh_heart_green: Lovehoney, 13 May 2021
Back to 2021

Kanga-ooh!

Hop to it and embrace your inner animal with Kanga-ooh! – a position that takes inspiration directly from the mating position of our marsupial friends. Thrust and hop your way around the bedroom, and you’ll find G-spot or P-spot heaven before you can say bounce!

How?

The receiving partner crouches on all fours with their knees bent, while the giving partner crouches and enters them from behind. The giving partner holds onto the receiving partner’s waist to draw them in deeper.

Why?

Kanga-ooh! allows both partners to move freely with plenty of hopping and thrusting to really hit the gold spots and gain momentum while doing so. It’s not an intimate position that allows you to look sensually into your partner’s eyes, but you’ll have a whole lotta fun and a bucketload of deep penetration pleasure from it.

Try

Kanga-ooh! may feel like quite a primal position, but that’s not to say that a little gadgetry can’t be brought into the mix to propel it to new levels of sensation. If the receiving partner has a vagina, why not try out double penetration with a vibrating double penetration strap-on or try a vibrating strapless strap-on if the giving partner has a vagina as well?

Make it even better

A butt plug worn by the receiving and/or giving partner could add a whole new set of fulfilling sensations to the position. Whether you opt for a vibrating butt plug is your call, but be prepared for a mighty hullabaloo of sensations…

I tried it and I…

0 voters

Back to 2021

I’ve had to rebuild 2021 a bit due to them sneaking a couple of extra ones in when no one was looking. :slightly_smiling_face: On the upside, it’s given me an opportunity to merge March, April and the start of May into the 2021 index, and we also get an updated Massive One. :partying_face: I think shufting them about may have mucked up the polls a little, so you may want to riffle back through them and make sure your votes match the right positions. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

And that’s where the back catalogue ends. Probably time to get yourself a glass of water and have a sit down. :slightly_smiling_face:

But don’t worry, I’ll keep adding the latest ones as they arrive. :slightly_smiling_face::+1: In the meantime, maybe its a good moment for a massive catch up…

Previously, on Positions of the Week…

HeavyweightBackwards CowgirlCrossed LoversLove SeatThe WaterfallClose EncounterThe DancerThe KnotDownward DoggyT-junctionThe ThroneMissionaryThe WheelbarrowThe GrindLazy LoversReverse CowgirlThe Can-CanLock 'n' RockJigsaw V1Jigsaw V2The PillarThe Mermaid V1The Mermaid V2Head Over HeelsTip to ToeSpace HopperThe HammockThe CorkscrewHot SeatVoyeur's DelightSexy YogaRaunchy RiderThe Cover-UpimageThe Leg LiftThe JockeyUp Against ItTight SqueezeThe Right AngleThe Table TopArmadillo StyleThe Babe BendoverDoggie and the ButterflyOpen SesameHorsing AroundLazy Leg-OverThe SandwichStand and DeliverThe VoyeurThigh MasterStanding DoggyLusty LeanSexy SpoonHooked on YouThe StarfishDial L for LoveRolling in the DeepThe GoddessThe Love HugRaise of GloryHard PressThe Cuddle HuddleThe Multi-TaskerThe Right TangleSunday MorningThe Sleigh RideThe KiteFlip ReverseAccess All AreasWrapped in You V1Wrapped in You V2Tipping PointHorse and CarriageFroggy StyleSwings and RoundaboutsSide SaddleHead FirstSide HustleCheek to CheekBridge to the HeavensFirst Past the PostOver the TopBottoms UpBack in the SaddleSidewind HerGrip it GoodLift OffDeep G Diving V1Deep G Diving V2Dinner DateAim to PleasePark and RideClitar HeroKinky CrossroadsPleasure SlideJoy RideLiberated LoverSitting PrettyTake a SeatThe Close-UpStairway to HeavenThe SpiderThe PretzelSky HighStand to AttentionHeavenly RaiseChairway to HeavenThe Thigh's the LimitRaise the RoofThe ElevatorBest Seat in the HouseHot SquatThings That Go Bump in the NightHold on TightTake a KneeOn Your MarksThe Good SideTingle All The WayRise and ShineMighty KneelWild ThingA Leg UpThe BanquetOver the RainbowFlying HighZenMirror MirrorQueenDouble DutyAirplaneYogiSofa SurferThe Deep DiveX Hits the SpotThe Pelvic PikeBear HugThe Pleasure TrainNose DiveYin and YangHeart to HeartThe Love ChairSaddle UpSunday BrunchSpace Hopper #2IntersexionKanga-ooh!

:lh_heart_green: 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021 :lh_heart_green:

1 Like

May 2021

Place-Holder